These terms and conditions (these “Terms”) govern your registration for, and participation in, the 2023 Unity Conference (the “Event”) and serve as an agreement between the National Association of Community Health Workers, a fiscally sponsored program of Health Resources in Action, Inc., (“NACHW) and you (“Participant”) . In registering for the event, the Participant represents that they are authorized to enter into these Terms.
The Participant may only register for and attend the Event in accordance with these Terms. To register for the Event, Participant must complete the Event registration process. Sharing your registration with any other person(s) is a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the Participants access to or participation in the Event being terminated or revoked.
CANCELLATION & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
In-Person Registration Cancellation Terms (if applicable):
- In-Person: In order to receive a refund, Participants who cannot attend the event must provide written cancellation by Wednesday, July 5, 2023, at 11:59 PM PT Participants must send notice of cancellation to [email protected] . Notices of cancellation sent to any other email address will not be valid or deemed acceptable by NACHW.
- Absent the foregoing, Participants failure to attend the Event (whether in-person or virtually) shall not entitle Participant to receive any refund or credit.
- Travel Restrictions: If travel restrictions, due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), are imposed in the state or country from which Participant is traveling result in the Participant being unable to attend the event, the Participants registration fee will automatically be applied toward registration for a future NACHW Event. Participant cancellation must be received twenty-four (24) hours prior to the start of the 2023 Unity Conference and sent in writing to [email protected] Notices of cancellation sent to any other email address will not be valid or deemed acceptable by NACHW.
- Cancellation due to Health Restriction: If Participant is unable to attend the 2023 Unity Conference in-person due to a positive COVID-19 test result or COVID-19 symptoms, the Participants registration fee will automatically be applied toward registration for a future NACHW Event. Participant cancellation must be received twenty-four (24) hours prior to the start of the 2023 Unity Conference and sent in writing to [email protected] Notices of cancellation sent to any other email address will not be valid or deemed acceptable by NACHW.
- Participant notice of cancelation of registration does not impact or alter Participant hotel and travel arrangements. The Participant is solely responsible for the costs of all hotel and travel reservations, including any applicable cancellation charges.
- Event Hotel Information:
- Courtyard/Residence Inn: https://book.passkey.com/go/NACHWAM2K23
- Hilton Austin: https://book.passkey.com/go/NaCHW23
Virtual Registration Cancellation Terms if Applicable
- The 2023 Unity Conference is an in-person event. If for any reason a virtual component is scheduled and Participant is not able to attend, a full refund of Participants pre-paid registration fee will be available. In order to receive this refund, Participant must cancel their registration in writing by no later than Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 11:59 pm, PT.. Notices of cancellation must be sent too [email protected] . Notices of cancellation sent to any other email address will not be valid or deemed acceptable by NACHW.
Participants must be 18 years of age as of the first day of the Event to attend.
PHOTOGRAPHY, AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING
By attending this Event, Participant acknowledges and agrees that NACHW has the right to use, reproduce, broadcast, rebroadcast, or incorporate in any manner whatsoever, all of or any portion of photographs and/or videos of the Participant from the Event (including Participant name, occupation, employer, and social media profiles, if Participant chooses to upload them) for use in marketing materials and/or training materials and for internal use (“Materials”). Participant irrevocably, grant, transfer, and assign a nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free right and license to NACHW, if any, in and to the Materials and all copyrights in the Materials arising in any jurisdiction throughout the world, including the right to register and sue to enforce such copyrights against infringers. Participant understands that Materials may be substantially edited, altered, rearranged or modified. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Participant hereby waives any moral rights to the Materials.
CODE OF CONDUCT
NACHW is committed to creating a safe environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
All participants must abide by the following policies:
- Be considerate of those around you
- Be respectful of others and viewpoints that may be different from your own
- Be mindful of your words and actions
Unacceptable behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language related to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images or sexual language at the Event, including presentations and slide decks
- Intimidation or bullying, both online and/or in-person
- Sharing Participant event registration or making event content available to a NACHW competitor
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above
- Failure to follow any of the rules or regulations of the Event or instructions given by Event staff
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior:
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and could result in debarment from current, and/or any future NACHW events. If a participant is seen engaging in unacceptable behavior, NACHW may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the Event without warning. If appropriate, local law enforcement may be involved.
If Participant is the subject of, or witness to, any violations of these Terms and Conditions, Participant should contact Event Staff or, if you wish to follow-up after the event, by sending an email to [email protected] .
The Terms and Conditions are non-negotiable and may be revised at any time by NACHW.
NACHW, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse,revoke, or expel access to and admittance at the Event for any reason, including but not limited to, Participants that arebehaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the Event or any other Participant.
NACHW may provide Participant online access to and use of the Event via the internet by use of an attendee-provided browser. Participant is solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining, at theirown expense, all equipment needed to access the Event, including but not limited to internet access and adequate bandwidth.
USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE INTERNET PROVIDES THE OPPORTUNITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTIES TO CIRCUMVENT SECURITY PRECAUTIONS AND ILLEGALLY GAIN ACCESS TO THE EVENT AND CUSTOMER DATA. ACCORDINGLY, NACHW CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE PRIVACY, SECURITY OR AUTHENTICITY OF ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OVER OR STORED IN ANY SYSTEM TO THE INTERNET.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND WAIVER
By registering to attend this Event and participating in Events held by NACHW, Participant hereby acknowledges, understands and agrees that:
- NACHW adheres to applicable federal, state and local Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines and regulations and has implemented a number of health precautions for the protection of its in-person Participants, including the requirement of face masks, social distancing measures, sanitizing and disinfection measures, and various other precautions listed in NACHW’s FAQ. However, the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization have classified COVID-19 and its strains as a highly contagious and dangerous disease, NACHW cannot eliminate the risk of the Participant being exposed to or contracting COVID-19;
- Participant is fully aware that participation in the Event or any Event related activities in-person carries with it certain inherent risks related to infectious diseases or viruses including, but not limited, to COVID-19 transmission that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying COVID-19; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from COVID-19 or the treatment thereof;
- Participant further understands that the CDC has determined that certain risk factors, such as advanced age (65 or older), and certain underlying medical conditions, including kidney disease, COPD, immunocompromised state, obesity, heart conditions, sickle cell disease diabetes, asthma, cerebrovascular disease, cystic fibrosis, hypertension, liver disease, pregnancy, pulmonary fibrosis, and smoking, increase the risk for severe illness from COVID-19 and its strains;
- Participant acknowledges that the risks of COVID-19 or its strains are not fully understood, and that contact with, or transmission of, COVID-19 may result in risks including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not currently ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered inherent risks;
- Participant understands and accepts that there is inherent risk from a failure of other Participants not following proper COVID-19 protocols, such as maintaining proper social distancing and hygiene measures, and that the COVID-19 precautionary measures being employed by NACHW as designed and implemented in accordance with applicable regulations may be insufficient to prevent the transmission or contraction of COVID-19 and suffering any related injuries;
- Participant hereby voluntarily, knowingly and freely accepts and assumes all such inherent risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 or similar viruses, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties (as defined below);
- Participant acknowledges and assumes full responsibility for risks inherent in any type of physical activity, including the activities at the Event location(s). Risks may include but, are not limited to, property damage, serious bodily injury, and/or death, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties;
- In addition to these Terms, the Participant acknowledges that they have reviewed, and agree to abide by NACHW’s Event Guidelines, including all applicable health and safety laws, rules, regulations, and governmental recommendations;
- Participant agrees that they will not attend the Event in person if they are experiencing COVID-19, or similar virus, symptoms including but, not limited to, fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, or dry cough at any time during the 14 days immediately prior to the commencement date of the Event;
- Participant will not attend the Event in person if they or any member(s) of their household are diagnosed with COVID-19 or a similar virus at any time during the 14 days immediately prior to the commencement date of the Event;
- Participant attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. Participant agrees that they are attending and participating in the Event on their own free will and volition;
- Participant acknowledges that it is their responsibility to ascertain any health conditions they may have that may make it inadvisable for them to participate in the Event or any Event-related activity
STATEMENT OF LIABILITY
Except where prohibited by applicable law, NACHW does not bear any legal liability or responsibility for the safety or health of any Participant in this Event. NACHW disclaims any liability for the acts of any outside entities related to this Event. NACHW reserves the right to cancel the Event without liability.
Participants are responsible for their behavior. NACHW does not accept responsibility for the behavior of any Participant or outside entity during the Event. NACHW shall not be held liable for any delays, failure in performance or interruption of services resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of NACHW including but, not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, failure of transportation, weather, accidents, fires, electrical failures, strikes, labor disputes, postal delays, explosions, and government orders or regulations.
Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NACHW, its officers, directors and agents, against all claims arising out of actions or omissions of Participants at or in ion with this Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Participant hereby releases NACHW, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation to reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that Participant may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the materials.
Except where prohibited by applicable law, NACHW disclaims any and all direct, special, consequential, incidental, punitive or other indirect damages of any kind whether alleged as a breach of contract or tortious conduct, including negligence or based on any other cause of action.
The laws of Texas without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions, govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between the parties. Any dispute must be litigated in the state or federal courts located in Boston, Massachusetts to whose exclusive jurisdiction the Participant and NACHW hereby consent